There are a lot of tax books out there that are written for small business owners, so why should you buy this particular book?
- It is focused solely on active small business owners and the tax issues that face them, so you will not find general information on business plans, trusts & estates, or other topics that you might find in some overview books.
- The information in the book is both in-depth and practical, and it is presented in a concise and no-nonsense manner, so you are only getting the essentials that you need to understand as a small business owner.
- The content is fresh and relevant in that it comes straight from my 12 years of public accounting experience as a CPA working in the trenches with small business clients and the 30+ years of experience of my mentors, so you are basically receiving hours and hours of consulting at a fraction of the cost.
- LLC and S corporation owners will also find very important tax and business structure information that many other tax overview books do not cover in as much depth or simply gloss over.
- The main focus of the book is maximizing tax deductions and equipping small business owners with the knowledge needed to keep taxes as low as possible. While there are no magic tax deductions or secret strategies, it does contain all the information you would need on the main tax deductions available.
Footnotes (↵ returns to text)
- If you are a passive investor in a business, a minority owner in a large entity, or have some residential or commercial rental properties that you receive passive income from, this book may not be for you.↵
- Many tax overview books are written by attorneys or personalities that no longer spend that much time in public accounting.↵
- If you are looking for these, I can recommend some good, late-night infomercials.↵